Precautions due to Coronavirus (COVID -19) – Lodestar Waterside Apartments Hotel, Perth, Western Australia:
The management of Lodestar Waterside Apartments has come to an understanding that immediate steps needs to be taken to establish effective procedure in light of current events due to the Pandemic Corona virus.
Since the start of this year the world has been aware of the new COVID-19, and as per the Industry requirement and advice, Lodestar Waterside Apartments already had a Risk Management plan for a Pandemic which was submitted to Tourism Council of Western Australia as a requirement for the accreditation for Quality Tourism Accredited Business, this was submitted by Shahedun Amin Chowdhury – Business Adviser of Lodestar Hospitality Management Pty Ltd.
An analysis has been done with regards to how COVID-19 is spread and measures to ensure Lodestar Waterside remain a safe place for both its employees and guests.
As per the Australian Government’s Department of Health:
A person can be infected by Corona Virus If :
• You have close contact with an infected person who coughs or sneezes
• You touch an object (e.g. door handle) contaminated from a cough or sneeze from a person with COVID-19 and touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
• Droplets(saliva) cannot go through skin and can only lead to infection if they touch your mouth, nose or eyes.
The most common symptoms of COVID-19 are :
• Flu-like symptoms such as coughing, sore throat and fatigue
• Shortness of breath
High Risk Population :
• Older people
• Those with underlying medical problems including high blood pressure, heart problems, diabetes, respiratory disease or immune deficiencies (low immunity)
• Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people experience higher rate of chronic diseases compared to other Australian and may be at higher risk of serious illness.
Scope of Work
Staff and Employees of Lodestar Waterside Apartments :
• It is required to keep themselves updated with current affairs, local government advise, and Industry advice regarding COVID-19, and implement any restriction or instruction as advised.
• It has been made mandate for the office-bearer to complete eLearning course provided by Department of Health.
• Advise and ensure hygiene is maintained by all staff, all the time.
• Pass down information related to COVID-19 to all other staff
• Prepare, inform and implement new practices and extra measure to address COVID-19
Front-Office / Reception staffs :
• Our front office reservation staffs are duly maintaining 1.5 metre distance at all times.
• EFT POS machine is regularly being cleaned after each transaction.
• Front office staff are required to wear disposable gloves at all times.
• Reception is being sprayed with disinfectants quite a few times in a day.
• Reception hours has been reduced; the new reception hours are from 8:00 – 16:00.
House-keeping services :
• After every check-out special care is being taken to ensure the apartments are properly cleaned, and all doorknobs, remotes, phones, counter tops etc are cleaned and sanitised.
• To maintain bodily distance between guests and housekeepers, regular cleaning while guests are in-house have been discontinued unless requested; That is now our housekeeper will not go into the rooms to make beds while our guests are inhouse.
• If our guests require anything, a request can be placed by calling reception during opening hours; and arrangement will be made to fulfil the requirement by maintaining the distance.
• Any house-keepers travelled from overseas are not allowed to return to work before 14 days of self-isolation and a medical report needs to be submitted.